Reid's son had steroids in room when he died

The Sports Xchange
The SportsXchange

Investigators found steroids in the room where Garrett Reid died of a heroin overdose at the Philadelphia Eagles' training camp this summer, a prosecutor said Monday.
The anabolic steroids did not contribute to Reid's death, Northampton County District Attorney John Mroganelli said.
Reid, 29, who battled drug problems for years and died Aug. 5 in a dorm room at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa., was the son of Eagles coach Andy Reid.
Morganelli said no determination was made on why Reid had the steroids, but investigators did not find evidence that he was giving them to Eagles players or taking them himself.
"As you all know, my son Garrett battled addiction for many years. While there were some victories along the way, it ultimately was a battle that he lost and that cost him his life," Reid said Monday in a statement. "Our family feels the pain of that loss every day.
"Today's report saddens me greatly, but only confirms the troubles Garrett encountered in the final years of his life. As parents, we were encouraged by his apparent progress, but, like many addicts, he was able to conceal the signs of relapse.
"Jeffrey Lurie, the Eagles organization and the people of Philadelphia have been remarkably supportive of my family throughout our ordeal. I am confident that my son's decisions did not affect our football team in any way. I cannot apologize enough for any adverse appearances that my son's actions may have for an organization and a community that has been nothing but supportive of our family."

What to Read Next