Cincinnati Reds ace Johnny Cueto is coming off the disabled list and starting Monday night against the New York Mets.
He told ESPN Deportes on Sunday that he is considering changing his windup in hopes of avoiding future injuries.
"I was discussing it with the head trainer, 'Do you think my windup is too strong and that's why I am getting so many muscle injuries?' " Cueto said.
Cueto pulled an oblique muscle during last year's playoffs and a lat muscle in April.
He said it would be easy for him to change his windup, but he is deciding whether to do so during the season or waiting until next year.
"But I have to change my form because I can't keep getting injured, although these things happen in sports," he said. "I work a lot over the winter to be hampered by injuries like this during the season."
Cueto made two minor league rehab starts in the past couple of weeks without incident.
"I am doing a lot of ab exercises and stretching," he said. "...I pitched about five innings clean, and all the pitches were good and I felt nothing bother me. I hope the pain is gone."
Cueto was 1-0 with a 2.60 ERA in three starts this year before the injury.
Last year, he won 19 games and had a 2.78 ERA.