A yearly tradition rooted in...the last preseason game of the year. The Steelers and Panthers have played each other in the final preseason game for the last 12 years.
The Steelers and Panthers kick off at 7:30 p.m. Thursday from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, the 12th straight year these teams have met in the preseason.
It's the final preseason game for both teams, and with most starters not expected to play (Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has already been declared out, and Panthers QB Cam Newton is nursing a rib injury that should keep him out of action as well), the game is really for the last few back-ups looking to make each respective team.
Here are all the viewing details.
Time: 7:30 p.m. ET
Date: Aug. 28, 2014
Location: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh
TV Schedule: Local KDKA (Ch.2) Bob Pompeani (play-by-play), Edmund Nelson (color analyst), Jeff Verszyla (sideline)
Radio Schedule: Steelers Radio Network: WDVE-FM (102.5)/WBGG-AM (970) Bill Hillgrove (play-by-play), Tunch Ilkin (color analyst), Craig Wolfley (sideline)
Online streaming: Available for purchase through NFL Preseason Live
Panthers SB Nation site: Cat Scratch Reader
Weather: 68 degrees, winds NNE 7 m.p.h.
More from sbnation.com:
- Steelers 53-man roster prediction: Loss to Eagles shows a few areas of concern
- Sean Spence will not need surgery for injured knee
- Brett Keisel isn't coming back to coach
- Panthers vs. Steelers: Pittsburgh will face Cam Newton and Carolina's offensive starters
- It goes much deeper than suspensions for Steelers William Gay
- FEATURE STORY: Doubt has been a way of life for Steelers Dayonne Nunley
- Snoop Dogg goes off on Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley
- Mike Tomlin should stray from normal protocol in 4th preseason game
- Let's trust Tomlin and the Steelers to make the right decision