The Packers have four moves left to go to get down to 75 players.
Going into the morning on Tuesday, the Green Bay Packers' active roster sat at 81 players after the release of seven men on Sunday afternoon. That left the team with six more players to remove from the active roster by 3:00 PM Central today to make it to the NFL's 75-man limit.
As expected, Injured Reserve will be a key component of the team's decisions for the first round of cuts. ESPN's Rob Demovsky confirms the first move:
As for players who are being released entirely, guard Andrew Tiller is first up:
These two moves leave the Packers with 79 players on the roster (since Abbrederis and Barclay have not been confirmed yet). Stay tuned here as we will continue to update this post with more news about the rest of the Packers' roster moves through this week, which we will summarize below.
Placed on Injured Reserve
NT B.J. Raji
G Andrew Tiller
Waived (Sunday, August 24th)
QB Chase Rettig
WR Chris Harper
WR Gerrard Sheppard
FB Ina Liaina
ILB Korey Jones
CB Antonio Dennard
S Charles Clay
More from sbnation.com:
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy Presser 8/25: Josh Sitton can play center
- Packers Practice Notebook: Letroy Guion Begins Practicing, off Non-Football Injury List
- Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers News and Links for August 26, 2014
- Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers News and Links for August 25, 2014
- Packers 2014 75-Man Roster Cut Projections: Nine Cuts and Five Players to Injury Lists
- Packers Training Camp Practice: Updates and Live Thread for August 25, 2014