(1) Patriots vs. Mia/Oak/Hou, Jan. 14, 8:15 ET (CBS)
(2) Chiefs vs. Pit/Hou/Oak, Jan. 15, 1:05 (NBC)
(3) Steelers vs. (6) Dolphins, Sun 1:05 (CBS)
(4) Texans vs. (5) Raiders, Sat 4:35 (ABC/ESPN)
(1) Cowboys vs. Det/NYG/GB, Jan. 15, 4:40 (CBS)
(2) Falcons vs. Sea/GB/NYG, Jan. 14, 4:35 (Fox)
(3) Seahawks vs. (6) Lions, Sat 8:15 (NBC)
(4) Packers vs. (5) Giants, Sun 4:40 (Fox)
The Redskins’ loss to the Giants knocked Washington out of the playoff race and set the field of 12 teams for the playoffs. Then the Packers won the NFC North by beating the Lions, who edge the Buccaneers for the final postseason spot.
In the AFC, the Chiefs clinched a first-round playoff bye and forced the Raiders to visit the Texans in the postseason for a possible battle of backup quarterbacks. The Steelers and Dolphins meet in the other wild-card game. The Patriots clinched home-field throughout the AFC playoffs with a win at Miami.
All times Eastern. Check back for more updates as the playoff schedule is announced and after you watch the Packers-Lions.
x-clinched playoff berth, y-clinched division title, z-clinched first-round playoff bye, *-clinched home-field advantage
*-1. New England Patriots (14-2, East champion; 11-1 conf, 5-1 div)
W 35-14 at Dolphins
• Clinched home-field advantage through the AFC playoffs with a win at the Dolphins.
z-2. Kansas City Chiefs (12-4, West champion; 9-3 conf, 6-0 div)
W 37-27 at Chargers
• Clinched the AFC West and a first-round bye with a win at the Chargers plus a Raiders loss at the Broncos because of a head-to-head sweep of the Raiders.
y-3. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5, North champion; 8-3 conf, 4-1 div)
W 27-24 (OT) vs. Browns
• Will be the No. 3 seed and play host to the Dolphins on wild-card weekend.
y-4. Houston Texans (9-7, South champion; 7-5 conf, 5-1 div)
L 17-24 at Titans
• Clinched the South because of a better division record than the Titans (5-1 to 2-4).
• Will be the No. 4 seed and play host to the Raiders or Chiefs on wild-card weekend.
• Dropped to the top wild card with a loss at the Broncos plus the Chiefs’ win at the Chargers.
• Locked into the No. 6 seed after a loss to the Patriots. Will play at the Steelers next week.
*-1. Dallas Cowboys (13-3, East champion; 9-3 conf, 3-3 div)
L 13-27 at Eagles
• Have clinched the East, a first-round playoff bye and home-field advantage through the NFC playoffs.
y-2. Atlanta Falcons (11-5, South champion; 8-3 conf, 4-1 div)
W 38-32 vs. Saints
• Clinched a first-round playoff bye with a win/tie against the Saints.
y-3. Seattle Seahawks (10-5-1, West champion; 6-5-1 conf, 3-2-1 div)
W 25-23 at 49ers
• Clinched the No. 3 seed with a win at the 49ers.
• Will play host to the Lions next week.
y-4. Green Bay Packers (10-6, North champion; 8-4 conf, 5-1 div)
W 31-24 at Lions
• Clinched the North with a win at the Lions.
• Will play host to the Giants next week.
x-5. New York Giants (11-5, top wild card; 8-4 conf, 4-2 div)
W 19-10 at Redskins
• Have clinched the No. 5 seed and will play at the Packers next week.
x-6. Detroit Lions (9-7, bottom wild card; 7-5 conf, 3-3 div)
L 24-31 vs. Packers
• Clinched a playoff berth with the Redskins’ loss because of a better record (3-2) against the Bears, Cowboys, Rams and Saints than the Buccaneers (2-3).
• Will visit the Seahawks next week.