- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Steve Nash is eyeing a return to the Los Angeles Lakers' lineup Saturday against the Golden State Warriors if practice goes well this week, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Nash, 38, had a light practice workload Monday. He has missed 23 games this season after suffering a fractured left fibula on Nov. 1 against the Portland Trail Blazers. The Lakers might have three days' worth of workouts in between Tuesday's game against the Charlotte Bobcats and Saturday against the Warriors.
The Lakers originally thought the injury was just a bone bruise, but an MRI showed worse. Nash appeared set to return about a month ago after his fibula healed, but he had a setback due to a nerve irritation.
He has yet to play for new Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni, who coached him with the Phoenix Suns. The Lakers are also without backup point guard Steve Blake due to an abdominal injury.
Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
• Josh Hamilton arrival met with questions, optimism in Anaheim
• High school baseball player collapses during practice, dies at hospital
• Trip to Philly has nostalgic Kobe Bryant pondering future
• Slideshow: Sports world honors Connecticut shooting victims