Keyton might have actually outperformed Travis Swanson at center in the preseason. However, the Lions were never going to keep Keyton over their third-round pick from earlier this year. As a result, it's no surprise that Keyton has been let go, but he may have done enough to warrant serious consideration for the practice squad.
The Lions are down to 73 players, with 20 more players left to be released.
More from sbnation.com:
- Lions roster cuts tracker: Getting down to 53 players
- Lions roster cuts: Live updates on Detroit's latest moves
- Lions 53-man roster prediction
- Has Kellen Moore done enough to win a roster spot?
- Winners & losers from Lions' preseason finale
- Lions restructure Glover Quin's contract, according to report