Chaos struck the finals of the women's short track speed skating 500m on Thursday when all but one competitor fell down 20 seconds into the race.
China's Jianrou Li was the only skater to remain upright, which was enough for her to cruise to a gold medal.
The insanity of short track speed skating in one sequence...
Here's the crash (via BBC):
Going into an early turn, Li was in last place:
As she tried to make a pass, Elise Christie of Great Britain tripped, and took out Italian skater Arianna Fontana as she fell:
South Korea's Seunghi Park got clipped in the skate, and fell down herself:
Li passed everyone, and never looked back:
She was skating by herself, and won by a ridiculous margin of six seconds:
It's a weird way to win, but gold is gold:
NOW WATCH: Curling Finally Makes Sense
More From Business Insider
- American Silver Medalist Adopts A Family Of Stray Dogs He Found In Sochi
- The US Destroys Everyone In A Historic Slopestyle Podium Sweep
- 23-Year-Old Speed Skater Gives His Olympic Spot To His Friend And Teammate Who Fell In Qualifiers
- Why They Gave Out Two Gold Medals In Downhill Skiing Instead Of Measuring To 1/1000th Of A Second
- Bob Costas Explains Why His Eyes Are Keeping Him From Broadcasting The Olympics Again