- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
John Beilein is always prepared.
Not only did Beilein have his Michigan team ready to play Louisville on Sunday, he planned ahead for the postgame celebration, too. Anticipating a jubilant water soaking from his players, the Michigan coach came equipped with a Super Soaker to make sure he wasn’t the only one getting wet.
Too funny. Here’s another angle:
The Wolverines certainly had reason to celebrate. They overcame a nine-point second-half deficit to storm back and knock off the No. 2 seed Louisville, 73-69, to advance to the Sweet 16 for the third time in the last five seasons.
Michigan, the No. 7 seed in the Midwest, will move on to face the winner of Sunday night’s matchup between No. 3 seed Oregon and No. 11 seed Rhode Island.
More March Madness coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Protesters fly Confederate flag next to NCAA tournament arena in Greenville
• Michigan keeps memorable March run alive, advances to Sweet 16
• Watch Louisville’s Deng Adel throw down a dunk of the tournament candidate
• ‘Northwestern crying kid on a roller coaster of emotions during loss to Gonzaga
– – – – – – –