For most of us mortals, running 26.2 miles hardly seems like a laughing matter. But it turns out there are some pretty funny signs and shirts at marathons, ostensibly to motivate fatigued runners with humor.
Whatever. But you don't have to run the Boston Marathon (or even attend it!) to get a taste of some of the best signs and shirts along the course. There were some pretty awesome signs and shirts at this year's edition of the marathon, and we've rounded them up here for your viewing pleasure.
Run, like the Falcons refused to do in the fourth quarter
- Garrett Quinn (@GarrettQuinn) April 17, 2017
- Boston.com (@BostonDotCom) April 17, 2017
Like a fine-tuned machine?
- Alexandra Wimley (@alexandrawimley) April 17, 2017
- CanadianRunning (@CanadianRunning) April 17, 2017
This guy probably finished in fourth place
- Kit Fox (@kitfoxrw) April 17, 2017
- Rob Carter (@RobtheCarter) April 17, 2017
Not a shirt exactly, but still
- Runner39;s World (@runnersworld) April 17, 2017
An unintentional tribute to Gronk, perhaps.