Bonus Weekend Links for 8/23/14
- Paul Perillo picks his winners and losers from preseason week 3: Edelman, Vereen and Chandler Jones on the rise.
- Andy Hart blogs from Gillette during the game: Unsettled at safety.
- Erik Scalavino posts his observations from Friday: A solid effort by the defense.
- Post Game Press Conferences: Bill Belichick - Tom Brady.
- Post Game Quotes - Patriots and Panthers.
- Zuri Berry recaps Patriots-Panthers, focusing on how the defense came to life in this game.
- Phil Perry reports the Patriots defense effectively shuts down the Panthers 30-7.
- Mike Reiss posts some thoughts after the win: When the Patriots put two versatile RBs in the game at the same time, how will defenses match them?
- Erik Frenz shares his preseason Week 3 notes: Chandler Jones dominant at 3-4 OLB.
- Mark Farinella watched the Week 3 regular season dress rehearsal go as planned.
- Jeff Howe reports Tom Brady was using an array of receivers last night, and not solely focused on Julian Edelman.
- Doug Kyed says Tom Brady is in midseason form.
- Mike Reiss cleans out the notebook from the 30-7 victory over the Panthers: Pass protection keeps QBs clean.
- Ryan Hannable tells us why Shane Vereen could be on track to deliver a seismic season.
- Bill Speros believes Tom Brady and the Patriots are ready to play for keeps.
- Mike Reiss notes the goal of the team according to Tommy Kelly was just 'to put a good game on tape' and the Patriots accomplished that mission last night.
- Oliver Thomas shares 8 points from Friday night: Offensive line in flux.
- Jeff Howe notes Belichick's take on Julian Edelman's late run out of bounds before Stephen Gostkowski's 60-yard FG is different from how the fans saw it.
- Karen Guregian finds Chandler Jones all smiles after the Patriots dominated the Panthers Friday night.
- Ryan Hannable points out how Jones and Ninkovich are benefiting from the strong Patriots secondary.
- Phil Perry focuses on the pass rush that swarmed Cam Newton early and often.
- Jeff Howe notes Bill Belichick praised Jamie Collins, who wore the headset and took control of the defensive calls and communication last night.
- Oliver Thomas reports Steve Beauharnais credits LB coach Patrick Graham for teaching him how to prepare for games like a professional.
- Doug Kyed is impressed with RB Jonas Gray's reps with the starters.
- Zuri Berry gives us five takeaways from the third preseason game: Expect Jordan Devey and Josh Kline to make the team.
- Erik Frenz gives us his Patriots-Panthers stock report: Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones and Shane Vereen shone.
- Tom E. Curran presents his post-game preview review.
- Christopher Price doesn't think the Pats starters need to play in the preseason finale.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Shane Vereen is the only RB with a cemented status heading into the regular season; Stevan Ridley appears to be the favorite to corral the bulk of carries; James White looks to be a worthy backup; DL Jerel Worthy made his preseason debut in the 2nd half and the Panthers attacked his side in the running game; Steve Beauharnais picked off Derek Anderson and returned it 61 yards; Stephen Gostkowski kicked a 60-yard FG before the half.
- NFL Game Center - Carolina vs. New England. Highlights, stats, analysis.
- Joseph Person (Charlotte Observer) Brady, Patriots batter Panthers, 30-7.
- Scott Fowler (Charlotte Observer) Panthers real ugly in this fake game. "Brady was never sacked Friday night and had enough time to check his phone for texts before throwing."
- Jonathan Jones (Charlotte Observer) Panthers tackle Byron Bell struggles against New England Patriots, Chandler Jones.
- Brett Jensen (Fox Sports) Four downs: Panthers fall to Pats, faced with unanswered questions.
- AP (Fox Sports) Brady throws for two TDs, Patriots dominate Panthers.
- Staff Report (NFL.com) Friday's Preseason action: 21 things you need to know - This was a mostly perfect game from the Patriots.
More from sbnation.com: