After blowing his UFC 205 weight cut, Kelvin Gastelum is never again going to get the opportunity to try and fight at welterweight in the Octagon.
UFC president Dana White told Fox Sports on Friday that he was done with Gastelum's attempts to make the 170-pound division after his third failed attempt on the scale.
“I'll never let him fight at 170 again,” said White.
Gastelum was supposed to meet Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in a highly anticipated UFC 205 main card fight. Cerrone stepped on the scale at 170.4 pounds, easily coming in under the 171-pound limit for a welterweight non-title fight. Gastelum, however, didn't even step on the scale, which led to speculation about how much he was over the 171-pound limit.
It appears that he was somewhere around 180 pounds.
“I think he missed this one by 10 pounds,” White told Fox Sports.
With the fight canceled, Cerrone has verbally agreed to face Matt Brown at UFC 206 on Dec. 10 in Toronto.
UFC 205 will go on with the usual five-fight main card instead of the oversized six-bout card that had been planned. All three title fights planned for Madison Square Garden are still on, as all the fighters in those bouts made weight.