Today's links look at Mookie Betts peripheral stats, Allen Craig's contentment and Rusney Castillo's future in the Red Sox outfield.
It's been a bad year for rookies everywhere, not just in Boston. (Brian MacPherson; Providence Journal)
Though Castillo likely won't be on the team in time to help play the role of spoiler. (Ben Shapiro; MassLive)
But he may enjoy a Cup of Coffee on his way up to the major league roster. (John Gray; Sox Prospects)
More from sbnation.com:
- How the trend of accelerated prospect development has affected rookie offensive success
- Mike Napoli hits upper deck with his longest homer of the year
- Who will the Red Sox call up in September?
- It's time to change the Red Sox rotation
- After signing Rusney Castillo, what next for the Red Sox?
- Should the Red Sox sell high on Brock Holt?
- Red Sox place six players on waivers, and why that doesn't matter