Prague (AFP) - Czech police have detained a man who threatened in a phone call to hurt newly-crowned Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova, local media reported Saturday.
The 53-year-old man did not call the 2011 and 2014 Wimbledon winner directly but addressed his threats to her, said the website of the DNES broadsheet without further details.
He was detained just hours after the call and faces up to three years in prison if convicted.
Regional police spokeswoman Gabriela Holcakova declined to comment on the matter for AFP. No further details were available about who was called or who reported the threats.
Earlier this week, the 24-year-old world number four Kvitova came under fire at home as she confessed to having moved to Monaco for tax reasons.
A parliament deputy said Kvitova should be stripped of Czech citizenship following the move.
Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka and other politicians were quick to dismiss the idea on Friday.