Colin Firth is closing in on the role of William Weatherall Wilkins in 2018's Mary Poppins Returns, according to Variety, and right now you’re probably thinking, “Wait, didn’t I already know Colin Firth was in Mary Poppins?” It’s a fair question, but no, you didn’t know that. He’s just British, and William Weatherall Wilkins feels like it could be Firth’s pseudonym when he books hotel rooms or makes restaurant reservations on the sly. So, yes, Colin Firth will play the president of the Fidelity Fiduciary Bank alongside Emily Blunt as Poppins, Meryl Streep as the titular character’s cousin, and Lin-Manuel Miranda as a lamplighter named Jack. No one is prepared for how charming this movie will be.
- Anne Hathaway Truthers, Rejoice: She Admits She Faked Her Way Through That Oscar Acceptance Speech
- You Should Buy a PlayStation 3 Even If You Don’t Play Video Games
- The Existence of Christine Chubbuck’s Suicide Video Has Been Confirmed
- Every Episode of Black Mirror, Ranked From Worst to Best
- Veteran Stand-up and ‘Comic’s Comic’ Kevin Meaney Dead at 60