Gomez left Sunday's game early due to the injury and is out of the starting lineup Monday.
|MILWAUKEE BREWERS||CHICAGO CUBS|
|Scooter Gennett - 2B||Chris Coghlan - LF|
|Jonathan Lucroy - C||Javier Baez - 2B|
|Ryan Braun - RF||Starlin Castro - SS|
|Aramis Ramirez - 3B||Luis Valbuena - 3B|
|Khris Davis - LF||Jorge Soler - RF|
|Gerardo Parra - CF||Welington Castillo - C|
|Mark Reynolds - 1B||Arismendy Alcantara - CF|
|Jean Segura - SS||Chris Valaika - 1B|
|Jimmy Nelson - RHP||Jacob Turner - RHP|
Carlos Gomez is out of the lineup on Monday for the Brewers, less than 24 hours after leaving Sunday's game against the Giants with left wrist soreness. It's possible that Gomez may miss a few days and could receive a precautionary MRI.
The injury comes at a bad time for the Brewers. The team is still in first place in the NL Central, but has fallen to a tie with the Cardinals. Milwaukee is also on a five-game losing streak. Meanwhile, Gomez has been one of the Brewers best hitters this season and the team's offense has been struggling.
Of course, a couple of rest days might be good for Gomez moving forward. He hit just .238/.319/.448 through August and has just seven hits in his last nine games.
Gerardo Parra will play center field while Gomez is out, however long that may be.
More from sbnation.com:
- Brewers prospect Nathan Orf plays all nine positions in Brevard County finale
- Brewers 5, Giants 15: Thanks for nothing, west coast
- Brewers acquire Jonathan Broxton from Reds
- What we learned: September 1, 2014
- The Brewers are not entirely totally doomed after 2014
- Brewers claimed Justin Morneau on waivers, could not agree to trade with Rockies