According to reports, somebody might be about to part with money for Tom Cleverley.
The purge starts to pick up speed! Tom Cleverley, persistent cause of so much vexation to so many Untied fans, may soon be the subject of an actual cashmoney offer from an actual Premier League club. Eight million pounds and Aston Villa, to be precise.
That's the Telegraph's story anyway, and it's an exclusive. Apparently the 25-year-old -- yes, he's 25 years old -- is out of favour at United, surplus to requirements, and is "almost certain" to have left Old Trafford by Monday. Given that the vast majority of United fans would happily have a whipround for his taxi fare, it seems fair to conclude that £8m is a bit of a result. And Villa aren't alone in their interest, apparently. Roberto Martinez is a long-term fan and would like to take him to Everton, while Steve Bruce and Hull are also interested.
While the triple-headed monster that is tBB has long advocated the sale of Cleverley, we can appreciate that there are people who feel he gets a rough deal. Maybe he does. But I think we can all agree that he really isn't working as a United player, and that a move would do him as much good as the club.
More from sbnation.com:
- United haven't bid for Juve midfielder, but they might be about to, perhaps — reports
- United chasing "£20m" Liverpool midfielder
- Why Ángel Di María is exactly what Manchester United need
- MK Dons 4-0 Manchester United: Report/tactical analysis
- New reports: Manchester United look to seal £34m Vidal deal in coming days
- OFFICIAL: Ángel Di María is a Manchester United player