Alan Belcher was certainly not happy that he had to pull out of UFC 153 earlier this year when he was scheduled to face Vitor Belfort.
The Mississippi based fighter suffered a fractured spine that kept him off the card, and pushed his return to action all the way to Dec. 29 closing out the year on the UFC 155 fight card.
Now that he's healthy, Belcher wants to stay as busy as possible, and if he comes away feeling good from his scheduled fight against Yushin Okami, he'll be the first person to call if the UFC needs someone to fight on Jan. 19 in Brazil.
Belcher is looking directly at the fight headlining UFC on FX 7, when Michael Bisping meets Vitor Belfort in Brazil.
Belcher has been targeting brash Brit Michael Bisping for some time, but the fight has never come together. Belcher says you have to look no further than Bisping to find the reason why.
“He had the chance to fight me a while back, when he fought Brian Stann. That was between me and Brian Stann, and don't let anybody lie to you, there was one person that made that decision and that was Michael Bisping,” Belcher told MMAWeekly Radio recently.
“I pick the hardest fights, the fights that get you excited. It's a big difference fighting me and Brian Stann, and he fought Brian Stann. That tells you one thing.”
The fight selection that Bisping apparently made did nothing more than ruffle the feathers of one Alan Belcher, who still has a score to settle with the former Ultimate Fighter winner.
If something were to keep Vitor Belfort from fighting on Jan. 19, Belcher wants the world and the UFC to know he's the guy that would be more than happy to step in and face Bisping in the main event.
“I'd love to fight him. If something happens with Vitor, I'll be ready,” said Belcher. “I'm going to get back in there Rocky style training for Bisping just like the fight's going to happen, so when I get the call I'm going to be ready.”
Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest UFC news and fight updates.