76ers 99, Jazz 93

The Sports Xchange
The SportsXchange

PHILADELPHIA -- Jrue Holiday scored 26 points and Jason Richardson added 20 Friday night as the Philadelphia 76ers snapped a two-game losing streak with a 99-93 victory over the Utah Jazz.
Holiday also had seven assists and six rebounds for the Sixers (5-4), who had dropped three in a row at home. Richardson had eight boards as the Sixers, badly outrebounded in losses to Milwaukee and Detroit earlier in the week, owned a 43-40 advantage on the glass.
Paul Millsap had 22 points to lead Utah (4-6), which dropped its second straight, and DeMarre Carroll scored 17 off the bench. Al Jefferson contributed 15 points and nine rebounds.
Playing before a national television audience, the Sixers led most of the night. They took their biggest advantage, at 66-53, with 4:05 left in the third quarter. But the Jazz went on an 18-5 spree featuring seven points by Carroll and six by Millsap, allowing them to tie it at 71-71 with 10:11 remaining in the game.
The Sixers responded by scoring 13 of the game's next 15 points, four each by Evan Turner and Thaddeus Young, to seize an 84-73 lead with 6:39 to play.
Utah managed to slice the gap to 86-82 on a 3-pointer by Mo Williams with 3:29 left, only to see the Sixers score the next six points on baskets by Holiday, Young and Lavoy Allen.
Thaddeus Young (14), Nick Young (12), Turner (11) and Allen (10) also cracked double figures in points for the Sixers.
Williams had 12 for Utah.
The Sixers broke out to a 30-18 lead late in the first quarter, as Holiday scored 10 of his 18 first-half points. The Jazz answered with a 17-2 run to go ahead 35-32 in the second quarter, a flurry that featured four points apiece by reserves Derrick Favors, Enes Kantor and Carroll.
But the Sixers rattled off 20 of the half's last 28 points -- six of those by Holiday -- to take a 52-43 halftime lead.
Jefferson scored 11 points in the first 24 minutes for the Jazz.
NOTES: Sixers center Andrew Bynum, who has yet to play this season because of a bone bruise to his right knee, said before the game that he now has an identical injury in the other knee. It's not clear how the injury occurred, but Bynum noticed swelling on the left knee Tuesday and visited his doctor. Bynum classified the new injury as "a little bit of a setback," but insisted that it wouldn't affect the timetable for his return. The team had previously announced he would resume basketball activities Dec. 10 and then be able to play anywhere from a week to four weeks afterward. But general manager Tony DiLeo said otherwise: "I think (in) mid-December we'll reevaluate him. He'll go back and be reevaluated, take another MRI and see what the progress is."

What to Read Next