W. Illinois defeats Stephen F. Austin 34-14
MACOMB, Ill. (AP)—Herb Donaldson ran for three touchdowns and rushed for 229 yards to lead Western Illinois to a 34-14 win over Stephen F. Austin on Saturday.
Donaldson had the first score of the game, going 28 yards to put Western Illinois (2-2) ahead 7-0 before Stephen F. Austin (1-2) answered with a touchdown off a 2-yard pass to Duane Brooks. Donaldson came back in the second quarter with an 11-yard run to put the halftime score at 14-7.
Quarterback Jeremy Moses led Stephen F. Austin with two touchdown passes and 386 yards.
Leatherneck kicker Taylor Rowan came back from the break to score a field goal. Donaldson followed with his third and final touchdown of the night, a 66-yard run to make the score 24-7.
Stephen F. Austin’s Contrevious Parks narrowed the margin with a touchdown off a 38-yard pass from Moses in the final period.
Western Illinois outrushed Stephen F. Austin 315 yards to 49 yards. Western Illinois had 539 total offensive yards while Stephen F. Austin had 420.
Leatherneck quarterback Matt Barr threw for 247 yards. Parks led Stephen F. Austin with 102 yards receiving. Brooks had 95 yards receiving.
Head to Head - Week 4
- W. Illinois defeats Stephen F. Austin 34-14
- Run on Washington DBs highlights 2nd round of NFL draft
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- TCU, Purdue announce home and home football series
- LSU backup offensive lineman suspended after arrest
- 13 Louisiana-Lafayette players arrested, suspended