Porter leads Louisiana Tech past SE Louisiana
RUSTON, La. (AP)—Daniel Porter caught a 44-yard touchdown pass and scored on a 23-yard run to help Louisiana Tech pull away for a 41-26 victory over Southeastern Louisiana on Saturday night.
The Bulldogs (2-1) also benefited from Phillip Livas’ 57-yard punt return for a touchdown and Weldon Brown’s 50-yard return of a blocked field goal for a touchdown.
Porter rushed for 97 yards on 19 carries and caught two passes for 53 yards.
Brian Babin led Southeastern Louisiana (2-2), going 32 of 59 for 322 yards. Andre Cryer caught seven passes for 138 yards and a 55-yard touchdown.
Louisiana Tech led 28-26 at halftime, but the Bulldogs outscored the Lions 13-3 in the second half.
Porter’s 23-yard run gave Louisiana Tech a 38-23 advantage with 5:43 left in the third quarter.
Marquis Powell’s 51-yard interception return gave Southeastern Louisiana a 10-7 lead with 2:50 remaining in the first quarter, but Taylor Bennett hit Porter on a 44-yard score with 36 seconds left in the quarter.
Bennett was 15 of 27 for 196 yards.
Head to Head - Week 4
- Porter leads Louisiana Tech past SE Louisiana
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- TCU, Purdue announce home and home football series
- LSU backup offensive lineman suspended after arrest
- Harbaugh gives pope a helmet, pair of Jordans
- Ex-Spartan football player returned to Michigan in sex case