Western Illinois secures No. 4 spot in tourneySaturday, Feb 25, 2012
FARGO, N.D. (AP)—Terell Parks scored 25 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to help Western Illinois defeat North Dakota State 77-64 on Saturday night, earning a sweep of the teams’ two games and the No. 4 spot in the Summit League tournament.
Western Illinois (15-13, 9-9 Summit) tied North Dakota State (17-12, 9-9), but gets the higher spot based on the sweep. The same two teams will meet in the first round of the tournament on March 4.
Ceola Clark scored 18 points for WIU and Tommie Tyler 12.
North Dakota state had four double-figure scorers—Mike Felt (18), Taylor Braun (13), Eric Carlson (12) and Lawrence Alexander (11).
- Western Illinois secures No. 4 spot in tourney
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU