LIU Brooklyn beats Fairleigh Dickinson 91-80Thursday, Feb 23, 2012
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP)—Julian Boyd scored 21 points and grabbed 20 rebounds, and Jamal Olasewere had 24 points as LIU Brooklyn clinched the Northeast Conference regular-season title by defeating Fairleigh Dickinson 91-80 Thursday night.
Jason Brickman had 13 assists for the Blackbirds (22-7, 16-1) after getting 16 in LIU’s 99-89 win over Quinnipiac last Saturday.
LIU won its eighth game in a row and ninth straight over the Knights (2-26, 1-16), but Fairleigh Dickinson trailed just 48-47 with 17:34 remaining. A 22-8 run by the Blackbirds over the next 7:34, including 13 points by Olasewere, gave them a 70-55 advantage.
C.J. Garner added 19 points for LIU, including 10 of 10 from the free throw line. The Blackbirds made 25 of 29 free throws to the Knights’ 6 of 11.
Melquan Bolding scored 21 points for Fairleigh Dickinson. George Goode had 16 points and Kinu Rochford 14 points and 12 rebounds.
- LIU Brooklyn beats Fairleigh Dickinson 91-80
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat