SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP)—Rashad Hassan scored 23 points and Deric Rudolph had 20 for Savannah State in a 76-57 win over Florida A&M on Saturday, keeping the Tigers atop the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference with four games to play.
Preston Blackman had nine assists, Jyles Smith added seven blocks and Cedric Smith chipped in with eight rebounds for the Tigers (17-10, 10-2). Savannah State has won a season-high nine straight games, and swept the regular-season series against the Rattlers thanks to a Jan. 14 win at FAMU.
The Tigers trailed 13-7 just 5 minutes into the game, but Hassan sank a pair of free throws and Rudolph drained a 3 to fuel an 11-0 Savannah State run. The Tigers never looked back, taking a nine-point lead into the locker room and outscoring FAMU 38-28 in the second half to seal it.
Yannick Crowder had 12 points to lead the Rattlers (7-19, 5-7).
- Savannah State eases by Florida A&M 76-57
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU