VMI defeats William & Mary 73-65 in Bracket BusterSaturday, Feb 18, 2012
Michael Sparks added 15 points and Keith Gabriel 12 for the Keydets, who gave coach Duggar Baucom his 100th win at VMI. Only Bart Bellairs (1995-2005) has more wins than the Keydets coach with 116.
After shooting 44.8 percent in the first half (13 of 29), the Keydets (13-14) led 39-30 at halftime.
The Tribe (5-24) pulled within one, 50-49, with 11:20 remaining but missed their next seven shots from the field as VMI went on a 7-2 run.
Jordan Weethee’s 3-pointer put the Keydets up 57-51 with 6:11 to go, and they would lead the rest of the Bracket Busters contest.
Quinn McDowell scored 15 points and Tim Rusthoven and Marcus Thornton added 14 apiece for the Tribe.
- VMI defeats William & Mary 73-65 in Bracket Buster
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat