Mitchell leads North Texas over La.-Monroe 86-51Thursday, Feb 16, 2012
Tyler Hall scored 11 points and Roger Franklin 10 as all 11 active players scored for the Mean Green (15-11, 8-5 Sun Belt).
Fred Brown had 17 points and Marcelis Hansberry 10 for the Warhawks (2-24, 1-14), who lost their ninth straight.
Mitchell’s double-double was his fifth straight and ninth of the season. He has 27 blocked shots in his last five games.
North Texas led 44-28 at the break and poured it on in the second half, holding Louisiana-Monroe to 23 points on 8 of 34 (23.5 percent) shooting en route to its 10th win in the last 11 meetings between the schools.
- Mitchell leads North Texas over La.-Monroe 86-51
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat