Tennessee Tech beats Eastern Kentucky 74-67Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012
Zac Swansey had 10 and Bassey Inameti 13 for Tennessee Tech (17-11, 9-6 Ohio Valley Conference) who got 14 points from the bench.
Dillard finished with 20 points and 10 boards on 7-of-11 shooting for the Golden Eagles, who outrebounded Eastern Kentucky 33-24.
Tennessee Tech led throughout, taking a 34-30 lead into halftime and pushing that lead to 64-52 with 6:32 left to play behind a layup from Dillard.
The Golden Eagles shot 53 percent (25 of 47) from the field and dished out 17 assists as a team.
Eastern Kentucky (14-14, 6-8) took 27 3-pointers, making just 10 of them, and only made seven free throws, compared to 17 for Tennessee Tech.
Jaron Jones led the Colonels with 21.
- Tennessee Tech beats Eastern Kentucky 74-67
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU