Texas Southern rolls past Grambling State 72-54Saturday, Feb 11, 2012
Strong was 6 of 12 from the field and 4 of 8 from beyond the arc. Fred Sturdivant added 12 points and nine rebounds, and DeAngelo Scott had 10 points for Texas Southern (8-15, 7-4 Southwestern).
Quincy Roberts matched his season average with 23 points, including four 3-pointers of his own, to lead Grambling State (3-19, 3-9), which entered the game at or near the bottom of Division I in several offensive categories. Grambling actually improved slightly on its average of 52.3 points per game.
Texas Southern led 32-26 at halftime, outrebounded Grambling 43-16 and shot 52 percent from the field.
- Texas Southern rolls past Grambling State 72-54
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat