Eastern Illinois defeats Tennessee-Martin 74-71Saturday, Feb 11, 2012
The Panthers (11-14, 4-9 Ohio Valley Conference) led 40-33 at halftime before the Skyhawks took a three point lead, 47-44, on Mike Liabo’s 3-pointer with 15:45 to play.
Eastern Illinois then scored nine straight to lead for good, 53-47, on Miller’s 3-pointer with 9:39 remaining.
The Panthers made 9 of 18 from the field in the second half, including 2 of 4 from behind the arc for 20 of their 34 second-half points. The rest came from the free-throw line, where Eastern Illinois was 14 of 19. It finished shooting 75.8 percent from the line (25 of 33), with Miller going 12 of 16.
Myles Taylor led the Skyhawks (3-24, 0-14) with 24 points and 11 rebounds. It was the 15th straight loss for Tennessee-Martin, which shot 32.3 percent (20 of 62).
- Eastern Illinois defeats Tennessee-Martin 74-71
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU