Dickey’s 22 lead UNC Asheville over Radford 88-62Saturday, Feb 11, 2012
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Matt Dickey scored 22 points as UNC Asheville defeated Radford 88-62 Saturday to clinch the No. 1 seed for the Big South Conference tournament.
After Radford took an early 10-4 lead, a layup by Dickey started a 21-4 run for the Bulldogs (19-7, 14-1) that gave them a 25-14 lead with 9:49 remaining in the first half.
The Bulldogs increased their lead to 42-24 at halftime, then started the second half with an 8-2 run for a 50-26 advantage.
Jaron Lane finished with 14 points and J.P. Primm 13 for UNC Asheville, which has won six games in a row and 13 of its last 14. Dickey was 10 for 10 on free throws, after making 29 of 32 in his previous three games.
Javonte Green scored 12 points for Radford (5-22, 2-13), and Johnathan Edwards and Kyle Noreen had 11 each.
- Dickey's 22 lead UNC Asheville over Radford 88-62
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent