PROVO, Utah (AP)—Charles Abouo had 23 points and 12 rebounds and BYU routed Pepperdine 86-48 Saturday night.
Abouo made five 3-pointers to match his highest point total of the season for the Cougars (21-6, 9-3 West Coast), who have won three in a row and five of their last six.
Brandon Davies had 13 points and seven rebounds for BYU and Matt Carlino and Anson Winder added 10 points apiece.
The Cougars jumped to a 12-2 lead and didn’t let up, extending their lead to 31-7. They led 46-25 at halftime behind 17 points from Abouo. The 10 BYU players who saw action all scored at least three points.
Ramon Eaton and Taylor Darby scored eight points each to lead Pepperdine (8-17, 2-12). The Waves have lost 12 of their last 13.
- BYU blasts Pepperdine 86-48
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU