Art Steward added 14 points and Kareem Jamar 13 for the Grizzlies (17-6, 10-1), who used a 15-0 run early in the second half to nail down their sixth consecutive victory and vault into a tie atop the league with Weber State. Derek Selvig had eight assists.
Kenny McGowen and Melvin Morgan scored nine points each for the Bengals (8-15, 6-5), who shot only 24.6 percent (14 of 57) as their four-game winning streak ended.
Montana led 32-23 at halftime, but Idaho State closed within four before the Grizzlies reeled off 15 in a row for a 47-28 edge with 14:26 left.
Montana, which has won 12 of its last 13, shot 51.9 percent (28 of 54) and outrebounded Idaho State 40-27.
- Cherry hits 21 as Montana routs Idaho State 76-40
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU