Arkansas-Pine Bluff edges Alabama State 62-61Tuesday, Feb 7, 2012
Lazabian Jackson added 14 points and nine rebounds for the Golden Lions (5-19, 4-7 Southwestern Athletic).
Phillip Crawford’s 17 points paced the Hornets (8-15, 5-6), who dropped their second straight. Jeff Middlebrooks added 14 and Ivory White 13, while Jonathan Jefferson grabbed 10 rebounds.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff bolted to a 19-point first-half lead and was still up 43-26 with 17:51 left before Alabama State clawed back.
The Hornets got two 3-pointers from Ryan Watts during a 12-0 run that cut it to 43-28 with 12:44 left.
Jackson’s dunk with 1:57 to go put the Golden Lions up 61-56, and Clay Johnson’s free throw made it 62-59 1:07 later. White brought the Hornets within 62-61 with two foul shots with 22 seconds left, but Pine Bluff held on.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff edges Alabama State 62-61
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat