HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP)—Nick Barbour finished with 34 points, knocking down 3-pointers both at the buzzer in regulation and to spur an overtime run for High Point, leading the Panthers over Gardner-Webb 81-77 on Saturday night.
Barbour, who was 7-for-10 from beyond the arc, sank a 3-pointer to send the game into overtime tied at 67-all. In overtime, with High Point trailing 72-70, Barbour knocked down another 3 with 56 seconds left to give the Panthers (9-15, 5-9 Big South Conference) the lead for good.
He capped off his scoring performance with a foul shot with 24 second remaining in overtime.
The Panthers were down by 10 points with 2 1/2 minutes remaining in regulation before Barbour sparked a late run with a pair of 3s and two foul shots. He outscored the Runnin’ Bulldogs 8-2 in the final 46 seconds of regulation.
David Brown led Gardner-Webb (10-15, 5-8) with 15 points.
- High Point outlasts Gardner-Webb 81-77 in OT
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1