BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP)—Phil Taylor scored 22 points and Jeremy Allen added 20 for FIU in a 76-56 win over in-state foe Florida Atlantic on Saturday night.
Dominique Ferguson added 14 points for the Golden Panthers (7-15, 4-6 Sun Belt Conference), who have won back-to-back games for the first time this season. They avenged a Jan. 21st loss to FAU.
Taylor led FIU at the free-throw line by going 13-for-14, and the Golden Panthers finished 22-for-28 (78.6 percent) in the win.
The Owls were just 12 of 23 (52.2 percent) at the foul line.
FAU led by one point at the break, but the Golden Panthers used an 11-0 run midway through the second half to pull away. They outscored the Owls 48-27 in the second half.
Greg Gantt finished with 21 points to lead FAU (9-14, 5-5), who have lost two straight for the first time since December.
- FIU defeats in-state foe FAU 76-56
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1