The Dragons (18-5, 10-2 Colonial Athletic Association) led 25-24 at halftime and fell behind 29-27 a little less than 4 minutes into the second half. Drexel outscored Northeastern 20-7 to go up 47-26 on Dartaye Ruffin’s layup with 6:54 to play.
Frantz Massenat, who finished with 12 points and seven assists, scored eight during the spurt.
Drexel shot 84 percent from the free-throw line (21 of 25), including going 17 of 19 in the second half. Lee, who added eight rebounds, made 11 of 13 from the line.
The Dragons shot 46.2 percent from the field (18 of 39).
Jonathan lee 15 points, Quincy Ford 12 Joel Smith 11 for the Huskies. Northeastern lost for the first time at home in five games.
- Lee's 25 paces Drexel over Northeastern 61-53
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU