Central Michigan defeats Eastern Michigan 60-56Wednesday, Jan 11, 2012
Austin McBroom had 13 points for the Chippewas (7-8, 2-0 MAC).
Jamell Harris had 12 points and Antonio Green 11 for the Eagles (6-10, 1-1), who competed on their home floor for the first time since Nov. 27. Eastern Michigan played seven road contests and two neutral-site games.
A 3-pointer by Darrell Lampley got the Eagles within 50-48 with 4:18 remaining. But two McBroom free throws and a Jackson 3-pointer gave Central Michigan a seven-point cushion, and the Chippewas protected the lead at the free-throw line.
Central Michigan, which is 2-0 in MAC play for only the third time in 20 years, overcame a miserable first half in which it shot 30.8 percent (8 for 26) from the floor and trailed 25-19 at the break.
- Central Michigan defeats Eastern Michigan 60-56
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU