St. Bonaventure defeats George Washington 66-56Wednesday, Jan 4, 2012
The Bonnies built a 36-21 halftime lead, then George Washington cut the deficit to five points in the second half but could get no closer.
St. Bonaventure shot 53.5 percent (23 of 43) from the field, including 14 of 25 in the first half. The only time the Bonnies have shot better this season was 56.5 percent against Cleveland State in their second game.
Demitrius Conger added 11 points and Eric Mosley had 10 for the Bonnies (8-5), who have won three straight and six of their past eight games.
Tony Taylor scored 11 points to hit double digits for the 22nd time in the past 26 games for the Colonials (5-9), who have lost seven of their past eight games.
- St. Bonaventure defeats George Washington 66-56
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat