McCollum, Lehigh beat Maryland-Eastern Shore 82-55Tuesday, Jan 3, 2012
The junior guard got 11 of his points in the first half, when the Mountain Hawks (12-4) built a 45-16 lead at the break. They finished the half with a 10-0 run over the final 2:57.
Mackey McKnight added 12 points for Lehigh, which got scoring from 12 players in winning its third straight.
Akeem Anderson scored 12 points, Percy Woods 11 and Ishaq Pitt 10 for Maryland-Eastern Shore (3-11), which got no closer than 28 points in the second half until it scored the game’s final four points. The loss was the third straight for the Hawks.
McCollum, the Patriot League’s Player of the Week, surpassed the 500 mark in career rebounds. He led Lehigh with seven, giving him a total of 504.
- McCollum, Lehigh beat Maryland-Eastern Shore 82-55
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat