Trevor Lacey contributed 11 points in only his second career start and freshman Levi Randolph had eight rebounds for the Crimson Tide (10-3). Releford and Lacey each had four assists for the Tide. Delwan Graham had a double-double for Jacksonville with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Keith McDougald had 10 points.
The teams played evenly for most of the first half, with the score tied 28-28 at the 4:45 mark. Back-to-back 3-point shots by Releford and Mitchell triggered a 12-2 run that gave Alabama a 40-30 lead. Randolph’s dunk capped the run at the 2:05 mark. Jacksonville then outscored the Crimson Tide 7-2 to cut the lead to 42-37 when McDougald converted a three-point play with 8 seconds left in the half.
Jacksonville (2-8) suffered their eighth straight loss.
- Releford pushes Alabama past Jacksonville 72-55
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat