Collier, Oregon State drub Chicago State 92-66Wednesday, Dec 21, 2011
Roberto Nelson scored 16 points and Jared Cunningham 15 for the Beavers (10-2) in their final nonconference game of the season.
Ahmad Starks added 13 points and Angus Brandt 10, while Joe Burton had 11 rebounds.
Lee Fisher and Jeremy Robinson had double-doubles for the Cougars (0-12). Fisher had 17 points and 12 rebounds, and Robinson scored 13 points with 15 boards. Clarke Rosenberg added 14 points.
Oregon State held a huge shooting edge, hitting 33 of 64 (51.6 percent) to Chicago State’s 22 of 74 (29.7 percent).
The Beavers led 11-7 before a 14-2 run made it 25-9 with 10:55 left in the first half. Oregon State increased its advantage to 50-24 at intermission and was never threatened thereafter.
- Collier, Oregon State drub Chicago State 92-66
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU