Long Beach State defeats Eastern New Mexico 76-54Tuesday, Dec 20, 2011
LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP)—James Ennis scored 15 points and Larry Anderson added 14 points and seven rebounds as Long Beach State defeated Eastern New Mexico 76-54 on Monday night.
Eugene Phelps had 11 points and Casper Ware 10 for the 49ers (6-6).
Stefan Miribal had 19 points and Aaron Edwards 14 points and seven rebounds for the Division II Greyhounds (9-4).
Eastern New Mexico had first-half scoreless stretches of 4:58, 3:18 and 2:52 as Long Beach State built a 40-36 halftime lead. The Greyhounds got no closer than seven points in the second half.
Long Beach State enjoyed a 36-28 rebounding edge and outscored Eastern New Mexico 48-28 in the paint.
- Long Beach State defeats Eastern New Mexico 76-54
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent