The junior guard got 12 of his points in the second half, including three 3-pointers during an 18-3 run early in the half that gave the Bulldogs (8-2) a 50-43 lead after they trailed 40-32.
The Rams (1-10), off to their worst start since the 1974-75 season, rallied behind Nikola Malesevic, who scored 16 points in a span of 9:03 that put Rhode Island on top 63-61 with 1:13 to play. The junior forward finished with a season-high 25 points.
Rhode Island led by as many as 13 points, 32-19, with 3:02 left in the first half before Yale closed to within 36-30 at halftime.
Greg Mangano and Jeremiah Kreisberg scored 15 points apiece for Yale.
- Morgan leads Yale over Rhode Island 68-65
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU