Taylor Broekhuis had a career-high 20 points, and Todd Fletcher tied his career-high with 15 for the Falcons (6-2). Lyons, Air Force’s leading scorer, finished with 14 points despite going 5-for-13 from the field.
The Hawks (3-9) tied the game at 60 with 2:08 remaining on Ishaq Pitt’s offensive rebound and putback, but Lyons’ steal and layup with 14.6 seconds left gave the Falcons a two-point advantage. Lyons then grabbed a crucial rebound with 2.8 seconds remaining and hit a pair of free throws to seal the victory.
Air Force missed its first seven 3-pointers and was just 1-for-10 from beyond the arc in the second half.
The Falcons shot 60 percent from the field in the first half en route to a 42-32 lead
- Air Force escapes with 64-60 victory
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU