Richmond rolls past Charlotte 72-59
The Spiders (22-7, 11-3 Atlantic 10) strengthened their hold on third place in the league and won for the sixth time in their last seven games.
Richmond pulled out to a 34-24 halftime lead, then turned back a Charlotte (10-18, 2-12) rally in the second half. The 49ers got as close as three points twice, the latest at 55-52 with 8:12 left, but the Spiders closed with a 17-7 surge the rest of the way.
Harper was 8 of 14 from the field with three 3-pointers, and had a team-high seven rebounds.
Anderson scored 12 of his 20 in the second half. His fastbreak layup with 7:35 remaining allowed him to surpass 2,000 points for his career.
The Spiders also got 11 points off the bench from Francis Martel.
- Richmond rolls past Charlotte 72-59
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU