Prairie View gets by Arkansas-Pine Bluff 59-53
PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas (AP)—Michael Griffin had 13 points and 10 rebounds to lead Prairie View to a 59-53 victory over Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Monday night.
Griffin scored all of his points in the second half, including a long 3-pointer which just beat the shot clock and gave the Panthers (8-19, 5-9 Southwestern Athletic) a 55-49 lead with 38 seconds to play.
Savalace Townsend, Terrell Kennedy and Ricky Parks each scored 10 points to lead the Golden Lions (6-21, 6-9).
Griffin’s 3 capped a late 7-0 run that gave Prairie View the lead for good. Trant Simpson added 11 points and Brandon Webb had 10.
The Panthers led by seven in the first half and took a 30-28 lead into intermission.
The second half included six lead changes and two ties.
- Prairie View gets by Arkansas-Pine Bluff 59-53
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent