Balanced Utah Valley defeats South Dakota 94-79
OREM, Utah (AP)—Ben Aird scored 18 points and led six Utah Valley players in double figures in a 94-79 victory over South Dakota on Thursday night.
Isiah Williams made five 3-pointers en route to 17 points, a total matched by Justin Baker, as the Wolverines (16-10, 8-1 Great West) won for the 11th time in their last 14 games.
Geddes Robinson had a double-double of 15 rebounds and 13 points, Holton Hunsaker scored 16 and Jordan Swarbrick added 12.
Trevor Gruis led the Coyotes (12-13, 4-4) with 18 points. Jake Thomas scored 17, including four 3-pointers, and Louie Krogman and Steve Tecker hit 11 apiece.
Utah Valley outrebounded the defending league champions 47-30.
The Wolverines went ahead 12-5 by opening the game with four 3-pointers— one each by Swarbrick and Hunsaker followed by two from Williams. They led by 18 in the first half and were up 51-38 at halftime.
- Balanced Utah Valley defeats South Dakota 94-79
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat