Oakland, Mich., tops N. Dakota St. 71-69 for title
Will Hudson had a double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds for the Golden Grizzlies (19-9, 14-1), who gave away a late nine-point lead but won their 28th consecutive league home game.
Oakland led 63-54 with 7:04 to go, but the Bison’s Freddy Coleman hit two free throws to tie it at 68 with 2:25 left. Larry Wright’s layup with 2:03 left put the Grizzlies ahead, and Oakland survived when Mike Felt missed a 3-pointer with 2 seconds left.
Reggie Hamilton hit four 3-pointers in scoring 19 for the Grizzlies, who made only 5 of 21 from 3-point range.
Michael Tveidt and Taylor Braun had double-doubles for the Bison (13-13, 7-9). Tveidt scored 20 points and Braun 14, and each had 10 rebounds.
- Oakland, Mich., tops N. Dakota St. 71-69 for title
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU