Utah State’s streak hits 16 with 84-60 victory
RENO, Nev. (AP)—Tai Wesley, Brian Green and Pooh Williams each scored 18 points to lead Utah State to its 16th straight victory, 84-60 over Boise State in the quarterfinals of the Western Athletic Conference tournament Thursday.
Jared Quayle added 13 points and 13 rebounds and Wesley also notched a double-double with 10 rebounds for the top-seeded Aggies (26-6), who outrebounded Boise State 47-27. Utah State will play Louisiana Tech in the semifinals Friday.
Daequon Montreal had 16 points and Robert Arnold 14 points and eight rebounds for the Broncos (15-17), who shot 38 percent from the field compared to Utah State’s 53 percent.
Green was 7 of 10 from the field, including 4 of 6 from 3-point range. He had two 3-pointers and a 17-foot jumper during one late stretch to give Utah State a 69-53 lead.
- Utah State's streak hits 16 with 84-60 victory
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent