Guyton, Louisiana Tech defeat Fresno State 74-66
RENO, Nev. (AP)—Jamel Guyton scored 31 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Louisiana Tech to a 74-66 win over Fresno State Thursday in the quarterfinals of the Western Athletic Conference tournament.
Guyton made 11 of his 14 shots from the field, and was 3-for-5 from 3-point range for Louisiana Tech (23-9). Magnum Rolle added 12 points and nine rebounds and Olu Ashaolu 11 points and eight rebounds for the fourth-seeded Bulldogs.
Louisiana Tech advances to Friday night’s semifinal against top-seeded Utah State (26-2), which defeated Boise State 84-60.
Paul George had 22 points and 11 rebounds for Fresno State (15-18), the fifth seed.
- Cal-Poly recruit robs bank; Joker jokes now 95% less funny
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat